As 2013 comes to an end, it’s a good time to reflect on the year that’s passed and create a plan for the year ahead. I don’t know about you, but I always like to plan my year ahead over the holidays, when I’m rested and in a relaxed state-of-mind.
So if you’re like me and you want 2014 to be your most successful year ever, here are 7 things you should seriously consider…
- Optimise your mobile website experience – Facebook and Google can see the numbers, and the numbers are moving to mobile… faster than you think. So whether you have a responsive website or a standalone mobile site, you definitely need a mobile strategy.
- Make Google Adwords profitable – with more than 90% of the search market in Australia, any company serious about growing in 2014 needs to be advertising on Google Adwords. And don’t just give up if you can’t make it profitable the first time. Sometimes it can take a fair bit of testing to find the profitable ‘sweet spot’. But when you get there you’ll have a tap you can turn on and off as you need to feed your company more leads and sales.
- Don’t give up on SEO – 2013 has seen some major changes in the SEO industry, thanks to Google Penguin and Panda. With the frustrations that came with those changes, many companies gave up on SEO completely. Well, SEO is still as powerful as ever and produces serious ROI. It’s just that the tactics required to get a top ranking have changed.
- Conduct an SEO Audit – what used to work in the past across the board isn’t guaranteed to work for your particular industry. We’ve recently introduced SEO Audits for every SEO strategy we deliver for our clients and we’re finding that the tactics required to get results in different markets for different keywords vary greatly.
- Build up your Facebook community – Facebook is one of the best platforms for connecting with prospects and clients but it’s quickly getting crowded. In some markets you really need to provide something unique to get noticed but in many others you can still be the first one there (which means you can get the lion’s share of the market). Setup your Facebook Page and start building up your community before your industry gets too crowded.
- Improve your website’s conversion rate – your conversion rate is the single most important factor in your online marketing success. The higher it is, the more profit and success you’ll achieve… guaranteed. Read this free whitepaper on conversion rate optimisation to learn more.
- Start email marketing – email marketing is still one of the best methods of converting prospects into customers. Plus it comes at the lowest cost once you have a prospect’s email address. Start emailing your database at least once a month (once a week would be better) with helpful information that adds value to their lives.
It’s a very exciting time in online marketing right now. The Internet is still very much in its infancy and there exists a lot of opportunity for those companies that decide to take the bull by the horns. But like any great opportunity in the past, it won’t last forever.
If you’d like to discuss your online marketing strategy for 2014, we’d love to chat. Click here to get in touch today.