I often talk about the importance of tracking all internet marketing activities, not many people actually understand how tracking works.
It’s really quite simple.
Firstly, you open up an account with a tracking company, who provide you with tracking code.
Second, you add the tracking code to each page.
Then, the tracking company starts compiling information about your visitors, including:
– How many visitors you receive per hour, day, week, month and year
– Where they live
– How they came to your website
– What they did on your website
– How many people bought your product or service
– How many people subscribed to your newsletter
– How long they stayed on your website
– How many times they returned
– Which page they exited your website from
– What type of internet connection they have
– The screen resolution of their computers
– And much, much more…
With this information you can now begin to understand how to improve your website and increase conversions.