Need SEO for your business but unsure whether to hire an SEO company or just do it yourself? We’ve taken a look at the Pros and Cons of each to help you make your decision.
- It’s $0 p/month! Essentially you are getting SEO for free by doing all of the work yourself, saving you and your business thousands of dollars. Of course, we aren’t counting the value of your time.
- It’s relatively easy! The most difficult part of SEO is developing the strategy. Once you know the exact process and have been shown how to do it, you don’t have to be a genius to implement the strategies, as it’s all step-by-step.
- It’s a great learning experience. Some SEO companies take advantage of the fact that people have limited knowledge of how it all works. The best advantage you can give yourself when it comes to SEO is to educate yourself on it. And let’s face it, once you get your website climbing the ranks on Google and see yourself higher than all of your competitors, you’re going to feel like a pro.
- Plus it’s fun! Like pizza – sometimes it just tastes better if you make it yourself.
- It’s time-consuming. Achieving top rankings on Google takes a lot of work, and implementing every single step in the process means that you’re going to need to bring in those time-management skills!
- How do you know if you are doing the right thing? With so much misinformation in the marketplace, it is quite difficult to determine which strategy is going to work for you… and you don’t want to waste all your time and effort for little-to-no results.
- You have to commit – repetition and consistency is key. SEO is a long-term growth strategy for your business: it doesn’t get easier over time – it just becomes more profitable.
SEO Company Pros
- Everything is taken care of! It’s always nice passing off work to someone else and crossing off that ‘To Do List’. Saving you time to instead focus on growing your business is a big plus for hiring an SEO company.
- SEO is constantly changing, so employing a team who know what they are doing and are experts in their field will not only ensure you keep your rankings once you get there but can also aid your own understanding of cutting-edge online marketing strategies and the next steps for growing your business online.
- You can get results faster with an SEO company rather than simply doing it yourself. Because of the systems in place and the economies of scale, you can actually achieve a higher return on investment when you pay a quality SEO company to implement your SEO for you. Seeing results improve every month is great for your business not only in terms of positive brand impact but also in profits! Time to get excited.
SEO Company Cons
- It can be expensive! Although these strategies do produce results, they can be quite expensive due to the amount of work that goes into each campaign.
- As with any industry, there are some unscrupulous operators out there. Many businesses take the cheap option when it comes to achieving top rankings, following low-cost advice that can actually hurt your SEO rankings rather than improving them. Before hiring an SEO company, make sure you do your homework to find out if they are producing results for their current clients and are keeping them happy. True stories, examples, testimonials and guarantees are a great way to determine this.
Whether you choose to hire an SEO company or do-it-yourself, SEO is one of the most profitable methods of growing your business. Good luck!