16 takeaways from Koala’s growth strategy
Koala.com went from zero to $13 million revenue in 12 months.
Here are the 16 key takeaways I found from reviewing their growth strategy.
1. Have a product that people love. Then focus on getting as many online reviews as possible.
2. Make it as easy as possible for people to buy from you by removing friction from the purchasing decision. You want customers on your website to say to themselves “why wouldn’t I try this?”.
3. Find a creative and interesting way to get the message out about your product. Try to make it so interesting that people say “wow” within 8 seconds of seeing it.
4. Run ads on Google for your brand name, competitor names, and product-related keywords. If there’s any search volume on Google it will become a major driver of growth.
5. Emails are an effective and low-cost way to follow up with customers who are ready to buy. Utilised correctly, email marketing can also help move customers to a buying decision.
6. Billboards are a great way to broadcast a mass-market message. Don’t be afraid to push the creative boundaries to gain maximum leverage from the billboard itself, on social media channels, and through free PR.
7. Podcasts are an extremely effective way of getting the message about your product in front of your target audience. Figure out the demographics of your ideal customer, find podcasts they listen to, and then advertise on them.
8. Use retargeting ads to advertise to people who visit your website but don’t convert. It’s a core part of any digital growth strategy.
9. Think about how to get your product in the hands of your customers so they can try before they buy, especially if you’re an ecommerce business. The easier you make it for people, the more you’ll sell.
10. You don’t need a big website to go from zero to $13 million revenue in 12 months. You actually only need one, maybe two, pages depending on what you sell.
11.The words, images and styles you use to communicate your message will make or break the success of your digital campaign. The effort you put into the wording and design of your website needs to reflect the growth you’re expecting to achieve.
12. Make sure your checkout process is seamless. And once the order is placed, that’s the time to push the referral program (when the customer has just made the purchasing decision).
13. Have a solid post-purchase follow-up process so your customers know exactly what’s happening. Consider including an on-boarding video that shows your customers what to do next.
14. Make sure you have a mobile responsive website. Most of your traffic will be coming from mobile soon, and you need to ensure an optimum user experience if you want to drive growth.
15. You don’t need the fastest site in the world to drive growth, but it’s definitely something you should be looking at if you want to deliver an awesome user experience, and especially if you want to rank in Google’s organic search.
16. Find a cause to align your business with and integrate it into the sale of your product. Then promote the cause within everything you do – it’s a great way to support the cause and simultaneously stand out from the competition.
So, those are the 16 takeaways from Koala’s marketing strategy.
About the show
Webprofits is a full service online marketing agency with over 80 data-driven specialists. Built on a culture of innovative, strategic and intuitive thinking, Webprofits focuses on achieving successful, performance-based results online.
Webprofits TV is our way of helping business owners, C-level executives and marketing professionals grow a business using online marketing, with a particular focus on social media, online advertising, content marketing and conversion rate optimisation. You can use this information to implement the strategies yourself or to help you know what to expect from anyone you hire to do it for you.
Subscribe to our channel: https://www.youtube.com/webprofitstv